It was the 16th of July and a Monday – that I remember clearly…
I got a call – I had to get to the hospital quickly as my mother had been taken in…
“Don’t die today, please” I thought with irony “I’ve got such a busy week…”
Oblivious to my plans, she left this life anyway, as it was, in every way HER time, and suddenly none of the things that had been so important to me just seconds before, mattered an iota…
I like to remind myself of this at times – what is REALLY important – when I stress and chunter about details, discussions and deliberations.
I think of that day now and can’t even recall why all my worry and busy-ness were so important at the time; only instead feel a loving ache and a knowledge that though part of her is gone, my love for her remains, changes and is with me, whatever I have on the To Do list in my life…
— o0o —
I currently have a special offer: You can buy the paperback of my Love Letters to Life on Amazon for £11.99 or you can get an author signed copy on my website for just £7.99 including P&P.
Featured on the BBC, as well as local and national media (including Psychologies Magazine and The Lady), the book was also honoured as a Finalist in the 2015 International Book Awards.
‘Peachey Letters – Love Letters to Life’ takes the best posts from this blog, adds new content and wraps it all together in a sweet bookish structure.
It’s an easy yet satisfying read, which sees love in everything we do in life, from the big themes to the tiny, trivial minutiae of it too.
- Buy the paperback on my website – here for just £7.99 including P&P
- Or get it from Amazon for £11.99 and from all great book websites anywhere in the world.
- You can also buy it in Kindle format
My external plaudits include the following – being:
* The Director of LifeWork Consultancy & Coaching;
* The Author of Peachey Letters – Love Letters to Life and Co-Author of The F-Factor.
* A 2015 International Book Awards Finalist, in the Women’s Issues Category;
* The Winner of a Women Inspiring Women Award in 2013;
* Being shortlisted for Women’s Coach in the APCTC Awards 2014, also nominated in 2012 & 2013; and
* Being nominated for a Networking Mummies National Recognition Award in 2015.